Small Groups are designed to build relationships through common interests. They exist to create connection points between those who regularly attend Lighthouse Church. At the same time, small groups gives us a chance to go and make disciples and be a point of light for our community. Attending a small group is a great way to build faith, connect with others, and have a ton of fun.
WHY DO WE NEED SMALL GROUPS?
Once Jesus left the earth bodily, his disciples began going from people to people, meeting in houses, and forming small groups of followers that changed the world. The small group model still works today. In smaller groups, we can connect with each other and give our community a glimpse of the kingdom at work in Jackson.
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
Spring semester sign up begins January 24th. The semester begins on February 7th.
If you want to join us in our mission by leading a small group, simply...
Click the link below
What if I want to lead a small group but don't know what to do? No problem!
We've got some ideas for you:
- Youth groups (games, Bible study, college prep, & mentoring)
- Parenting groups (Babies, toddlers, pre-teen, & teen)
- Financial planning/investment groups
- Strengthening marriage groups (roles, goals, and conflict resolution)
- Recovery groups (grief, abuse, addiction)
- Bible study groups
- Prayer groups
- Focus Book groups
- Social fellowship groups w/ devotion or prayer (game, coffee etc...)
- Community service/outreach groups (RIFA, Habitat for Hummanity, Red Cross, United Way, etc...)
- Health, diet, and exercise groups
- Sports/Outdoors groups
- Family table groups - (everyone brings a dish to a different home each time and fellowships over a meal)
- Mentorship groups (How-to’s for kids, men, and women)
- Focused interest/hobby groups (crafting, cooking, grilling, wood-working)
- Elder care groups/visitation (Internal & External)
- Professional development groups (Time management, Goal setting, Technology teaching, etc...)
- Card ministry groups (Wedding, Anniversary, Birthday, Get-Well, We've Missed You etc...)